What Can You Do to Prevent Clogs in Your Drains?
The best way to avoid a clogged drain is to avoid putting known clogging foods and items down them, such as grease and hair.
Here’s how you can prevent clogs and avoid items from entering your drain.
- Put cooking grease into an old jar or container and then dispose of it in the trash once it’s cool.
- Throw coffee grounds away in the garbage, not down the drain or even in your garbage disposal.
- Cover your shower drain opening with a gate or filter screen in order to minimise hair and soap scum from entering.
- After each use, run hot water through the sink in order to keep oils and other materials running down the drain rather than building up inside the pipes.
- Throw in a handful of baking soda with the hot water every once in a while. It will help clean out the pipes interior all while absorbing foul odours.
- Or as an alternative to baking soda, prior to hot water, pour one cup of vinegar down the drain and let it sit for half an hour. Vinegar is a great organic solvent that will remove build-up from the pipes.
Finally, if you have a blocked or clogged drain you should seek professional help. You should immediately get a plumber in to maintenance and repair any blocked drains, blocked toilets, blocked sewer systems, clogged pipes, clogged drains and/or burst pipes.
M.J. Walker Plumbing offers experienced plumbing services to all homes in and around the Gold Coast, and can expertly service and repair all of these plumbing issues and more.
Prevent Plumbing Issues … Have a Floodstop Valve Fitted!
Save your home from flooding with a Floodstop Valve.
Floodstop Valves are a smart and worthwhile investment for your home and your peace of mind.
A Floodstop Valve stops your home from being flooded when a Flexi pipe bursts. Saving you the clean up, increase in water bill, and expensive repairs from water damage.